Thread: Debian Live CD with Gnat

Debian Live CD with Gnat

Hello,
    To compile the CGI to my website, Housed on a Debian server, I need a Debian live CD with a compiler Gnat. I am obliged to go through a live CD, because I can not install Linux on my PC, and Gnat is not installed on the server (I can compile C with GCC me connecting with SSH, but I can not compile the Ada). If you know who to do it, then please let me know. Thanks in advance.

Re: Debian Live CD with Gnat

Hello,
    There's not an option for those who do not like or have never had the chance to test? Personally I have never tested, it is true that it must be practical in the sense that there's nothing to install and they run no risk of losing data (as it happened before) that installing and touching it scores so I can not say too much.

Hello,
    Even I am interested in this topic, I need to do something similar to this. I have never found a solution for this but If you never tried to live CD, I advice DSL (Damn Small Linux). It is light enough, then you can surely try ... it runs even on my old wheezy ... is to say). The problem is that there is no GCC on the live CD that I saw and then even less Gnat. So, if some one know this how to do then please help us. Thank you for your help.

Hello,
    For me, the live-cd 'properties are trying to see, touch() But after that it is unnecessary. They are also useful for retrieving data from a planted system. I guess I am correct here. I think you can compile your own live cd and in it you can include you gcc compiler and the necessary things which are required by you or which you want to use on the live cd.

Hello,
    Yes, but on a PC with an HDD 1G, 450M Windows already employed, the solution "useless" is the only functional for me. I think you mean that the limit of the live CD is it's steadiness, but we can run a live CD, and work on data residing on a Windows partition after having installed. After all, it's exactly like using an installation that is not touched, because the fit. I think a live CD can be used for work, not only as an object of curiosity (in all cases, it has the advantage of going anywhere .. what is a very good point).