Thread: ntoskrnl.exe is blocking applications

ntoskrnl.exe is blocking applications

Due to virus issue i had recently formatted my system and install Symantec Endpoint Protection, whenever i try to run Symantec Endpoint Protection it was blocking up, so i had unchecked firewall but still not able to run Symantec Endpoint Protection, after finding a lot i came to know that ntoskrnl.exe is blocking it. Does anyone facing such kind of issue ?

ntoskrnl.exe is a very critical process which runs in boot-up on your system and this process will never appear in Windows task and at the same time it will run back side, if you want to kill this process then you need to go into registry window and delete the key for the same and reboot your system for changes to get effected.

I am also facing such kind of issue, today when i started my system i got a message that ntoskrnl.exe is missing because the file is being corrupted or it's being damaged, i had try a lot to find fix this issue but don't know how to overcome from it and i don't want to reinstall my operating system.

I was also facing such kind of issue and tried about many solution but none of them worked for me then one of my friend told me to change the keyboard and have a check for the same it had worked for me hope it works for you too, when i try to check out my keyboard i found out that i was getting the message because there was a short in the ground wire., it might happen that you would also be facing same issue.

Re: ntoskrnl.exe is blocking applications

If you are getting ntoskrnl.exe is missing message then there is some issue with your boot.ini or it might happen that it is not properly configured. Such kind f things happen because you had recently added some new hard drive in that case make sure line pointing to the operating system and its drive and partition is properly configured in the [boot loader] and [operating systems] section.

Dwin123 in your case it seems that ntoskrnl.exe is blocking your application so try to put it in Centrilized Exception and i am sure after that you will not face any issue and after that if you are still not able to use Symantec Endpoint Protection then you have to restore your system to previous date where it was working fine.