Thread: VB folder in Regedit

VB folder in Regedit

I have PC at home with a higher configuration. Yesterday while operating my PC I deleted a folder called VB. Actually I was trying to delete the registry key in regedit for software and I accidently deleted a folder called VB in regedit. I don’t know what the VB folder is in the regedit. Deleting VB folder from the regedit will it affect my pc? After deleting VB folder I tried to do a system restore but was unable to do so? Are you aware about such issues? If yes then please help me out.

Re: VB folder in Regedit

After I read your post I came to know about your issue. But the information that you provided is incomplete for me to give you further suggestions. The information that I wanted to know is operating system and the version that your PC is having in it. I also wanted to know the path of the VB folder. After I get this information only then I can give you further suggestions to overcome your issue. Try to give me this information as fast as possible.

I am very grateful to you for giving suggestions to overcome my issues. I will definitely give you the information that you need from me. The current operating system which is installed in my PC is Windows XP Home service pack 3. And the exact path of the VB folder is HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\VB and VBA Program Settings. The information that you needed is given by me. Please try to give the solutions to overcome this issue as early as possible.

VB is usually a Visual Basic for Applications and you can find it in MS Excel. It is especially for macros. This was about the VB folder that you wanted to know. You said that you not able to do system restore. This can be due to internal errors in your PC. To overcome it I would suggest you restart your PC and now enter into safe mode. After entering in safe mode now try out system restore. This time you won’t face any issue while doing it. Try this out and inform me about it consequences.

Thanks a lot for your solutions that you gave me to overcome the issue. As you specified me to enter first in safe mode and then perform system restore, I did it and it was finally successful. After you gave your suggestions I came to know what exactly the VB folder in the regedit is. But I have one more issue but it is not related to the previous one. I just wanted to know about software that will help the kids to download different stuff from internet and restore my PC to the desired sate every time it restarts. If you are aware about it then please let me know about it.

A good and FREE software that will help to prevent unwanted downloads is the "Spyware Blaster". It has “Updates" about once every 2 weeks. You can this get this software easily on internet. To restore your PC to the desired state every time you restart for that you need to download another application called SteadyState. It is the product developed by Microsoft. After downloading these 2 applications create a separate User account for the kids and let them download their stuff using that account. Perform the procedure that I have specified and your issue will be solved.