Thread: Hard drive running continuously

Hard drive running continuously

I am having a query that i need to solve with your help and that is with the hard drive which the running constantly. Sometime it is frenetic but most of the time it is it performs slower but the speed is constant which i think is not good for my computer. So if possible then advise me something to work with this issue i.e. Hard drive running continuously. Thank you

Re: Hard drive running continuously

Here i am suggesting you something to work with the issue you are getting just do as i said and you will get rid of this issue. Follow the given steps
    • Open up Task Manager by pressing CTRL + ALT + DEL
    • Click to Processes tab
    • Click on View menu
    • Select the columns menu item
    • Click on I/O Reads
    • Click ok
    • Click on "Show processes for all users"
    • Maximize the Task Manager window
    • Double click on the I/O Reads column
    • Search for I/O Reads or I/O Other.
    • And find the process that is causing the issue.

Hey, I am having the same issue and after wasting lots of hour on net i found that my computer is running with the Carbonite process which is the cause for the same. So i have contacted the tech support for this issue and they have sorted out the issue with the some small changes. So if this is causing you the same then do as o did.

If you are getting the issue with the hard drive which is running continuously then this can be possible that some of the background process is running continuously and eating up your usage. So go to the task manager and check for the process which is unknown for you and eating the maximum usage. Disable the same if necessary and check whether the issue is still going on or not.

I will suggest you to run the Process monitor utility which is the tools developed by the Microsoft to monitor the process usage and correct them. This utility Monitor Hard disk drive activity and give the detail in the hard disk. To download the same you can check out the attachment for the same and install it to use with your computer.
    Attached Files Attached Files

If all the above thing is not working for you then i think that your system is running with the Virus which is continuously eating up your memory that is why your hard drive is running continuously. So resolve this issue you have to run a full system scan with the anti virus. Bu make sure that you are having the latest update of the virus database..