Thread: How to read Back Up files from Windows Vista?

How to read Back Up files from Windows Vista?

Hi there, I have created the back of my system as the system got crashed. I have taken the back up with the HP recovery disk and gone through all the detail to take the back up from the system. I have taken the back up in the external hard disk. Now i wanted to read this file but it wont open. So tell me How to read Back Up files from Windows Vista?. Thank you.

Re: How to read Back Up files from Windows Vista?

If you are taken the back up in the external hard drive then that is having the folder known as "\MINWINPC\Backup Files" with the date of the backup. And if you go0 to the folder you will find an executable file. All you have to d is to use the Recovery Manager and open the same backup in it, which will be followed by the restore process. Rename the back up file with the extra zero in the beginning. Suppose you are having the file known as the Backup.002.fbw then rename it as Backup.00o2.fbw. Try this out.

Thanks a lot for you help regarding the query of mine and i have done all what you have said in your reply but could not get any result. When i have opened it in my WXP Pro it worked fine. I just want to take restore the picture from the backup as it is important for me. So i hope you will help me more with this much information.

First let me know when you are double clicking on the backup does the HP recovery manger starts. And if it starts then it gives some error or not. AS you have said that this work fine on you Windows XP professional. It seems that some error is stopping the back up to open. So i will suggest you to check for the Event Viewer in Administrative tools to look for the error and let me know about the same.

Windows Backup allows you to make copies of data files for all people that use the computer. You can let Windows choose what to back up or you can select the individual folders, libraries, and drives that you want to back up. By default, your backups are created on a regular schedule. You can change the schedule and you can manually create a backup at any time. Once you set up Windows Backup, Windows keeps track of the files and folders that are new or modified and adds them to your backup. To set up file backup, see Back up your files. For more visit Microsoft.

I think it better if you ask the HP support for the same issue as you are able to read the back up in Windows XP and unable to do the same Windows Vista running in the HP laptop. So taking the solution of the same from the HP is good idea. So just call them up and ask the same as you have asked here. Might get the solution.