Thread: Unable to open zip files in Windows vista

Unable to open zip files in Windows vista

Hi, I am having the issue with the Zip file in the Windows Vista. As it was working all fine with the Zip file till yesterday and now Unable to open zip files in Windows vista. I can't recognize what is the actual reason behind the same. It only shows the whit plain icon on clicking will ask me to select the file from list option. So can any one help me with this issue. Thanks in advance.

Re: Unable to open zip files in Windows vista

Check whether the WinZip is installed in your computer or not. To check it just go to the Windows installation drive and then to program file and then look for WinZip. If it does not exist then it might be deleted from the system or got corrupted so you need to reinstall it to your system. So do the same and get the zip file work in the same.

If you are unable to open the Zip file then i think you system have got infected by the malware or the spyware which are stopping you to open the file from the Vista. so it is better to install the some good anti virus. After installation update the same with the latest definition and the run the full system scan and if found any infection then remove the same.

As per your discussion about the query that you have asked about it can be possible that the File extension might got change due to some reason so the file is unable to open in the same. So change the property to the zip file extension and then open it. To change the extension just right click on the file and go to the properties and then on General tab change the property.

I think that you Windows Vista got corrupted and need to repair the same that is why you are unable to open the Zip file in the same. So i will suggest you to repair the Windows Vista installation which will repair the file if any corruption is find by replacing with the new one. Insert the OEM DVD of vista and boot from it. I hope that you will like it.

This is the issue which has been noticed in the Windows Vista by most of the user. Actually the zip file is not associated with the Windows Vista. Vista is associated with the Shell Functionality. So if by some reason the the zip file is got corrupted then the Vista will work with the Shell Functionality. So install the Zip once again to work with the same.