Thread: Microsoft anti-piracy Update KB971033

Microsoft anti-piracy Update KB971033

Hello,
    I was using my copy of windows 7 which I had installed a few days before. Windows 7 prompted me for the new updates available, I updated a system and after I restart my computer it say that the version you are using is not Genuine. I found the Update KB971033 as an anti-piracy Update for windows 7. What exactly is this, and if it is an anti-piracy update, then are there some tricks so that the message can be removed.

Re: Microsoft anti-piracy Update KB971033

Hello,
    Some information on the Microsoft anti-piracy Update KB971033. If you have installed any non-genuine copy of the windows 7 operating system or any pirated copy this operating system then you have to be careful of this because Microsoft has released the anti-piracy Update KB971033. This update will close many loop holes in the operating system. This update will take care of the anti piracy measures of the operating system.

Re: Microsoft Update KB971033 for anti-piracy

Hello,,
    The Microsoft update numbered KB971033 is also know as the Windows Activation Technology (WAT). It is said that this update will detect upto 70 exploits. It will also detect the dangerous activations in the Windows 7 operating system. So, if you have a pirated copy of the Windows 7 operating system and if you have updated the Microsoft updates then it will down grade your operating system to the non-genuine copy of Windows 7 operating system.

Re: Update KB971033 as anti-piracy

Hello,
    This Microsoft update is more dangerous when it will check you computer regularly. I mean to say that, this update will check every 90 days with the Microsoft server for the genuine copy of the Windows 7 operating system. I think this should be more carefully watched. Even if you have blocked some site with the firewall, the Windows Activation Technology (WAT) will still check for the copy of operating system for genuine.

Re: Microsoft anti-piracy Update KB971033

Hello,
    The best way to avoid this is not to install the application which will make updates for your operating system. If you have installed the Windows 7 operating system then by default the Windows updates are disabled. I do not think that you should enable the Windows Update option. Also you should not remove the Windows Activation Technology (WAT) from you operating system. Hope this information has helped you.