Thread: Windows 7 Check Disk problem

Windows 7 Check Disk problem

I am having a very annoying issue of Black Screen with Check Disk with Windows 7. I have been using Windows 7 for a month now. Till date I had no issues with it. But yesterday I thought to go for Check Disk and thus when I selected the Check Disc from Error Checking scheduled from next startup. But when booted the computer would display a black screen and hang. I then had to force start it. What can be the possible solution ?

Re: Windows 7 Check Disk problem

Are you having the issue when you select the Chk Dsk option on any drive ? If you are getting an error by clicking on a particular drive then you may try to run a chk dsk from another drive. The issue usually is caused because of some needed files that might be corrupted.

Repair Windows 7

Yes even I do feel that the System files might have been corrupted. Thus you are unable to run Check Disk. To fix this problem my suggestion is that you use a bootable Windows Seven installation disc and repair your Windows copy to replace any corrupted or missing files.

Safe mode

It can be because of the system being attacked by a malicious program. But still you may try to use the chk-dsk utility in the Safe Mode of Windows. Restart your system and press the F8 key. Using your arrow select Safe Mode on the displayed screen to boot your system safe mode. now try to use the chk-dsk utility.

I also had similar issue where I was not able to use the Disk Defragmentation utility to defragment my hard drive. I also had Windows 7 installed on it. I even tried to connect my hard drive to another computer but yet it was not working properly. Atlast I had to format my hard drive and re-install Windows again. Try this out.

kristain Guest

I am also using Windows 7. Whenever I start up my computer, the screen that has my account name, picture, and the spot for me to fill in my password to login is always black, when I'm fairly certain it's supposed to be blue. Does anyone help me?

Dr. V Guest

Hello there, I just want to make sure that whether you have installed any software, that will change the look of the log on screen. This is because that particular software may be causing the issue. Please reply about that as soon as possible for the solution.