Thread: Display driver does not respond error after installing Vista

Display driver does not respond error after installing Vista

Hi,
    After installing Windows Vista I am facing issue regarding the display. I have a graphic card support in it and after the first installation everything works fine. But when I work there for a while and started updating the drivers. After a while I faced a error - Display Driver Stopped Responding and Has Recovered and system reboots. What is this about and does this will need to re-installed the OS.

Dr. V Guest

Re: Display driver does not respond error after installing Vista

In fact the components that are needed to fix the error are installed on my pc laptop but the problem is apparently the latest update which I think is needed to configured. I click to install them from the official site of my GPU and everything starts up and then when I restart I check if they are installed but the updates are still available. This needs one to two time installation.

In my case too I was facing a similar problem. For this look in the device manager. if you did not improperly installed drivers you can see a warning single with a little yellow triangle for example. To enter device manager right-click computer > manage > device manager. You must avoid sites those give driver updates for PC and laptops. Instead of that you can use the manufacturers sites because there are very often the drivers are updated.

I said, for example. it is not clear what caused the errors of these or I am. especially since you did say that it happened overnight your bugs. So I guess more of a problem or incompatible driver software, a hardware problem. but to really reach a finding should remember what could cause this problem so sudden. If you can check the GPU site for driver updates and related error information.

This is a driver issue. The same I faced when I upgraded to Windows Vista from Windows XP. I was using the driver disc of the graphic card which I got with the card. But when run the driver and reboots a similar error popped up. For this I visited the official site of Ati and downloaded the latest drivers for the same. After running the updates things came back to normal.

After hours of internet search, I finally came across some solution that can help you in this. First go to windows/system32/drivers and rename nvlddmkm.sys in that look for nvlddmkm.sys.old . Then go into the Nvidia folder g and locate the file nvlddmkm.sy_ can do right clik > copy. Paste in System 32 and open the MSDOS command prompt (cmd) and type: cd \ to place the root of the hard disk, then: cd windows cd system32 and. Give command expand.exe nvlddmkm.sy_ nvlddmkm.sys recover nvlddmkm.sys file in the folder c: \ windows \ system32 and paste it in c: \ windows \ system32 \ drivers and reboot your system.