Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

How to fix cannot install require file error

Operating Systems

Old 26-03-2010

How to fix cannot install require file error

I had removed all the hard disk partition and cleaned it completely. Before that I was using Windows XP on it. Now I want to run Windows 7 on it. After booting from Windows 7 I created some partition. As the installation begins and come ups to some percentage I got a error message Error 0x80070017 Expanding 25% could not install file and the installation fails. I have new Windows Disc. What do here to fix this.

Old 26-03-2010

Re: How to fix cannot install require file error

Windows can not install required files. It may be that the file is corrupted or missing. Make sure all files required for installation are available, and restart the installation. Error code: 0x80070017. This is the error message which you got. The solution for this is that if you are trying to burn a ISO image of Windows 7 then burn the ISO image with the slowest speed possible and check the written data
Old 26-03-2010

I had the same concerns resolved to burn the dvd with a freshly downloaded ISO file. I burned the disc at maximum disc. Then I choose the slowest speed with maximum quality. The disc took a long time which was quiet annoying but the solution worked here. Now I had seen the Expansion goes to full 100% and the OS get installed in the computer successfully.
Old 26-03-2010

From what I understood 0x80070017 errors are caused either burning a CD that was badly done (windows recommends to burn at 4x for OS) or the CD is damaged. You should burn at 4x speed and go to the options in your burning program to specify that you want to save as UTF, which is a sub standard standard standard has been used by Microsoft for vista to allow file names.
Old 26-03-2010

The problem seems to come from an attempt of, installation loop. The system reboot every time the CD instead of continuing the installation using the files copied to the hard drive. If I were you, I would start early. Begin by formatting your hard disk with a utility on any CD or USB stick. Then go see what the boot sequence BIOS. For starters, it must start with the CD / DVD. As there may be a problem during the reboot (normally, you should press any key to boot from DVD), you could go back the hard disk as first boot device in the famous reboot.
Old 26-03-2010

You were right when the PC restart he ask me to press any key to boot from the CD and me I press a button which was re-booting from the CD and then the whole procedure again from the beginning. hen the problem of blocking% was due to the fact that my reader can not quite play the CD so I put in the DVD player. Check that all files necessary for installation are available and restart the installation.

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: , , , ,