Thread: Windows 7 hangs on Welcome Screen

Windows 7 hangs on Welcome Screen

Hi,

I have just installed windows 7 on my previously installed windows xp. The problem is that it boots up till the bars shown on the boot screen and before the welcome screen of the system hangs for a bit then go to the Welcome screen. I'm using an HDTV as my monitor wideScreen and I am thinking that there is something related to the resolution. Is there any solution for this this? Can you please tell me why the Windows 7 hangs on Welcome Screen ??

Re: Windows 7 hangs on Welcome Screen

In Windows 7, the desktop is shown only after being fully loaded and fully initiated after some initial services. This process begins immediately after the startup screen appears and you should see your hard drive activity running bars display some are ongoing and will start with the desktop and start menu construction. If you register soon after the logon screen is displayed for the first time, you will experience a longer period of waiting between when you press the login button and when it finally shows the desktop. But if you wait at the logon screen, you will experience a faster logon process.

Try to disable some features from Device Manager. In this situation, the system will only have the basic hardware devices and should be more stable.

1. Click "Start", type "DEVMGMT.MSC" and press Enter.
    2. Expand "Sound, video and games."
    3. Right click on the sound card, and then click Properties.
    4. , On the use of devices "from the dropdown menu, select" Do not use this device (disable) "and click OK.
    5. Please use the same method to deactivate others! modem, network card, CD-Rs , etc. Note that some devices such as video adapter can not be disabled.
    6. Then restart the computer.

You can run full clean boot troubleshooting. Basically a clean boot turns off all advanced features of the operating system simultaneously. Then restart the computer to see if the problem reoccurs. You can then refine the search, emerged again as the features one by one until the problem reoccurs. Although the process may take a long time, this allows us to determine exactly what is causing the problem.

If the problem does not occur, please continue using these steps to define the cause of the problem:

1. Go to Start, click on Run, type msconfig in the dialog box, and then press OK.

2. From the first available check box (Process System.ini file), select the check boxes at once, and restart the computer when prompted until the problem occurs.

3. Once the problem reappears, click the tab that corresponds with the selected file. For example, if the problem reappears after selecting the BOOT.INI file, click the BOOT.INI tab in System Configuration.

Then you can gradually reduce the number of root causes of the verification of the items in the schedule one by one.

It may be a startup program :

1. Go to Start and type msconfig and press Enter
    2. Click "Start Up" tab and click the "Disable All" button
    3. Click "Apply" and "OK"
    4. Then restart the PC

The problem is the desktop background. If set to a solid color, it takes a few seconds to log on. If you put an image, the logon takes about 3 seconds. It's odd behavior, but I've tried it on two computers and fix the problem. You can do is simply make a 1x1 background.bmp in painting with the color of your desire and the tile as a substitute for solid color. This will not delay and fill the background with a solid color.