Thread: Solution to get rid of Windows 7 RC from a dual boot system

Solution to get rid of Windows 7 RC from a dual boot system

Hello everyone, I need someone to provide with the solution to get rid of Windows 7 RC from a dual boot system. Actually, the trial period of the operating system has expired and hence, I want to remove it and install the full version of the Windows 7 operating system. I am using Windows XP Service Pack 3 as the other operating system. I am not aware on how to remove an operating system from a dual boot. So, please help immediately.

Activate the RC version

It is suggested that you should activate the RC version of the Windows 7 operating system that you are using. Then, there will be no need to find the solution to get rid of Windows 7 RC from a dual boot system. Actually, this problem of activating the RC version has already been solved on our forums and you can have a look at the following thread for the solution:
    Windows 7 Activation Patch from Microsoft ?

Dr. V Guest

Eradicate Windows 7 fully

According to me, you must eradicate Windows 7 fully, rather than looking for the solution to get rid of Windows 7 RC from a dual boot system. Just take the backup of all the data and information, that you require and then, write the same in a disc or external drive. Then, start Windows XP, that is the other operating system that you are using. After that, format the particular drive in which Windows 7 is installed. This must solve the problem.

You must not install Windows 7

After you get the perfect solution to get rid of Windows 7 RC from a dual boot system, it is recommended that you must not install Windows 7, after you have removed the same. This is because you will be facing many incompatibility issues while using the applications and softwares, that were running fine in the older versions of the Windows operating systems. Better stick with Windows XP only.

Windows Vista gives the effect of Windows 7

If you are looking for a change in the operating system, that you are using, then I guess that you must use Windows Vista operating system. This is because Windows Vista gives the effect of Windows 7, that is all the features that are provided by Windows 7 is available in Windows Vista. Moreover, it does not have any kind of incompatibility problems as faced in Windows 7.

Clean the entire computer

Rather than looking for a solution to get rid of Windows 7 RC from a dual boot system, I suppose that it will be better if you clean the entire computer after taking the backup of all the data and information, that you require. There is no sense in keeping Windows XP or some other operating system because making a dual boot system consumes many of the system resources like hard disk as well as processor too.