Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Windows Media Player 12 cannot be reinstalled in Windows 7

Operating Systems

Old 26-03-2010

Windows Media Player 12 cannot be reinstalled in Windows 7

As I was facing some issues with Windows Media Player 12, one of my friend had told to uninstall it and then reinstall the same. Actually, some of the features of the player were not able to work because of which I had decided to do the reinstall. But, the issue that I am facing now is that Windows Media Player 12 cannot be reinstalled in Windows 7. Why is this issue happening? Kindly provide some help as soon as possible.

Old 26-03-2010

There must be a problem in the setup

Hello there, I suppose that there must be a problem in the setup due to which Windows Media Player 12 cannot be reinstalled in Windows 7. It must have become corrupt and this can be assured because when it had been installed, somehow many of its features were not able to work. So, I suggest you to download another setup of this player and then, try installing the same.
Old 26-03-2010

Stop all the background applications and programs

It is suggested that you must stop all the background applications and programs, if there is some problem like Windows Media Player 12 cannot be reinstalled in Windows 7. As you know that you must have got a message saying that all the applications and programs must be quit before the installation is started. You must have not done the same and hence, the problem is being caused.
Old 26-03-2010

Windows 7 has issues with many applications and programs

It is to be noted that Windows 7 has issues with many applications and programs, that used to run fine in the older versions of Windows operating systems. This why Windows Media Player 12 cannot be reinstalled in Windows 7. But, many of the users are using this particular player without any such issues. I guess that you will have to search for an alternate player like Winamp to solve the problem.
Old 26-03-2010
Dr. V

Force the installation to start

You will have to force the installation to start for the remedy of the problem that Windows Media Player 12 cannot be reinstalled in Windows 7. For this purpose, go to the setup file of the player and right-click on it. You will get an option, that says Run as Administrator. It is seen that some of the applications and programs are blocked by Windows 7. This particular option can be used to prevent the issue,
Old 26-03-2010

No such problems are faced in the original version

Hey, I can assure you that no such problems are faced in the original version. So, if Windows Media Player 12 cannot be reinstalled in Windows 7, just make sure that the version of the software that you are using is not pirated. If it is so, then the problem is clear. You will have to buy the original version of this software and then, try installing and using the same. Just let me know if the problem persists.

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: , , , ,