Thread: 64-Bit Windows 7 utilizes a lot of memory resources

64-Bit Windows 7 utilizes a lot of memory resources

I am having a problem with the operating system, that I have newly installed. As recommended, I have removed the previous version of the Windows operating system, that is Windows XP and have done a clean install. But, still the issue being faced is that the 64-Bit Windows 7 utilizes a lot of memory resources. Even when, I particular application or program is running, the RAM usage is very high. I am not able to understand why this is happening. All possible replies and comments on this topic is appreciated.

Windows 7 uses a lot of graphics memory

You must always remember that Windows 7 uses a lot of graphics memory. This is the main cause of the issue that 64-Bit Windows 7 utilizes a lot of memory resources. This is a problem that is being faced by many of the users, including me. I am thinking of using a lower version of the Windows operating system because of this problem because I am not able to play any games as well as any multiple programs, since the system almost lags while doing this.

Stop all the built-in gadgets and graphical theme

Hello there, if 64-Bit Windows 7 utilizes a lot of memory resources, then a remedy for this problem is to stop all the built-in gadgets and graphical theme. The gadgets are the main cause of the issue. Also, the graphical theme that is provided by the operating system keeps on changing the background within the time specified. Due to this, some of the memory is used there too. So, it will be better if you switch to the Aero theme.

The system is affected by some sort of malware

It is possible that the system is affected by some sort of malware because of which the 64-Bit Windows 7 utilizes a lot of memory resources. So, it is suggested that you must install an anti-malware for this purpose. The Spyware Doctor is a very good anti-malware. Such security components are able to monitor the activities of the system by staying the background. So, the applications and programs that are causing the problems will be removed from the computer.

Optimize the computer

Hey, I will advice you to optimize the computer if the 64-Bit Windows 7 utilizes a lot of memory resources. There may be many junk files in the system because of which you are facing the particular problem. Use the following softwares that are compatible with the Windows 7 operating system to solve the issue:
    1. Registry Mechanic
    2. SpeedUp my PC
    3. TuneUP Utilities

Dr. V Guest

Uninstall all the unwanted programs

You will have to uninstall all the unwanted programs to solve the problem that the 64-Bit Windows 7 utilizes a lot of memory resources. Also, start the task manager by pressing CTRL+ALT+DEL and kill all the unnecessary processes, that are going on. This will speed up the computer to a great extent. Keep a well updated antivirus like AVG running in the system, so that the computer will be free from any sorts of infections.