Thread: Incompatibility issues of Matlab in Windows 7 Ultimate

Incompatibility issues of Matlab in Windows 7 Ultimate

I want some help from the people on this forums because I am having some incompatibility issues of Matlab in Windows 7 Ultimate. The installation of this software had been done without any problems. But, still When I try to start the program, I get the start screen of the same and after some time, the program freezes. So, I have have to stop it from the Task Manager. I have done an upgradation of the Windows 7 operating system from Windows Vista. Please reply soon and thanks for any help.

Use the latest version of Matlab

You are facing the incompatibility issues of Matlab in Windows 7 Ultimate because the version of the software that you are using may not be supporting this particular Windows 7 platform. So, my suggestion to you is to use the latest version of Matlab. This is because it has been made sure by the developers that the newer versions that are being released must work with all the operating systems that are released in the market.

Always do a clean install of the operating system

I am using Windows 7 operating system myself and I am not facing any incompatibility issues of Matlab in Windows 7 Ultimate as such. I guess that the problem is that you have done an upgradation of this particular operating system from an older version of Windows operating system. This is why it is recommended that you should always do a clean install of the operating system.

Try setting the operating system in the compatibility mode

If you are having any incompatibility issues of Matlab in Windows 7 Ultimate, then I advice you to try setting the operating system in the compatibility mode. You will have to do this with the help of the troubleshoot compatibility option, that will be available when you right-click on the icon of the particular application or program. You will have to try the recommended settings or mention the problems manually.

Windows 7 may be blocking the program

According to me, Windows 7 may be blocking the program because of which there are incompatibility issues of Matlab in Windows 7 Ultimate. I have experienced many such issues with many of the applications that I tried to start in my system with Windows 7. I have solved all such problems with the help of the "run as administrator" option. This is an option, that forces all the applications or programs to start in the system forcefully.

Windows Vista is better than Windows 7

Hello there, I have experienced that Windows Vista is better than Windows 7, since all the features are similar in both the operating systems. Also, there are no incompatibility issues of Matlab in Windows Vista. So, it will be better for you to degrade the operating system to Windows Vista. Otherwise, you will be facing many other problems in the future with the Windows 7 operating system.