Thread: How to change spanish language to english in windows 7

How to change spanish language to english in windows 7

Hello,
    I borrowed a Windows 7 DVD from my friend and installed it. I have a very good setup and I meet the minimum requirement of Windows 7 on my pc. Upon installation I came to know that this dvd was actually in spanish language. I somehow managed to install it thinking that when the installation will be finished I will go into control panel and then change the display language from the regional settings or so. So I did it and after a restart I was annoyed to see it still in spanish language. Can anyone help me out. Thanks

Re: How to change spanish language to english in windows 7

Do you mind telling us the Windows 7 version you have installed on your pc. Because if it is a Windows 7 version other than Windows 7 ultimate than you wont to able to change the display language from spanish language to english. You will have to upgrade to Windows 7 ultimate and then only you can change languages. This feature is only implemented in Windows 7 Ultimate versions.
    DFI LANPARTY SLI-DR
    AMD 64 x2 4800+
    OCZ (2 x 512) DDR600

Here's how to change the display language

Windows uses the display languages in its wizards, dialog boxes, menus, and other items in the UI. You have to install additional language because only some display languages are installed by default.
    • First go to Control Panel and Click Regional and Language Options and open it.
    • Then you have to Click the Keyboards and Languages tab.
    • And lastly under Display language, choose a language from the list, and then click OK

Well, newtech is right, you will have to call microsoft and tell them your problem about changing language in Windows 7 incase if you dont have the Windows 7 Ultimate versions. They will charge you 10 $ for shipping but you dont need a key. After only some upgradation you will be able to change languages, sorry.

You can change Windows 7 to English language using a third party tool called Vistalizator. Download it from here and install it on your windows 7 machine, note that this tool only works with Windows 7 and Windows Vista. After installation you will require some english language packs. Dowload it from the same site:
    Windows 7 RTM MUI Language Packs
    Windows 7 RTM MUI Language Packs

Windows 7 language packs are only available for computers that are running Windows 7 Ultimate or Windows 7 Enterprise:

The Windows 7 language packs can be installed only from the Optional Updates section in Windows Update. However, these language packs are not available on the Microsoft Windows Server Update Services (WSUS) server or through the Microsoft Download Center.

To download and install a Windows 7 language pack, follow these steps:
    1. Start Microsoft Update. To do this, click Start, type Microsoft Update in the Start Search box, and then click Microsoft Update in the Programs list.
    2. Click the optional update links for the language packs.
    3. Under the Windows 7 Language Packs category, select the desired language pack.
    4. Click OK, and then click Install updates to start the download and installation process.