Thread: Linux supported Wordpad

Linux supported Wordpad

Before using Linux,I was working on the windows XP and I just switched from the windows to Linux. Commonly,I use the Wordpad for quickness rather than Microsoft Word for manipulation of different types of text and preparing then for printing. I wondered what is the nearest Linux equivalent to Wordpad? Any suggestion.

Thanks

Linux supported Wordpad

As I also used Windows earlier and I remember - the wordpad contains both properties of the application means Notepad and word.

It is mediator is just the notepad, but facilitates minimal rich text manipulation capability. The same thing,you can do on linux using AbiWord which is much easier than OO.org, If you doesn't requires the rich text facility then there are plenty of easy editors for linux - scite, mousepad, gedit, and kwrite can be used for simple text manipulation purpose.

Linux supported Wordpad

The rich text manipulation support is necessary as without it you can not be able to find the exact formatting from anything received by e-mail or copied from the internet web pages.

I have never worked with the Latex either but I know that it is much capable to do and supportive with the number of commands that have to be learned. Maybe that's for forward. I am actually after something, as you told, that is easier than the common word processors but with rich text compatibility.

Linux supported Wordpad

Latex is not a text editor . It is used to generate a "perfect" layout with the help of supported editor that you need (It can be performed directly or after putting your plain text).

While it does have it's own formatting commands, they are actually very simple and quickly easy to get remember. If you would be able to work with latex, you'll never have to bother about "which editor should I use for formatting the text " again.

Linux supported Wordpad

a forward text editor such as gedit is more little and easier than the kate. And if that's all you require, you can use to work with the nano editor provided by Linux directory, or one of the editor that I have used named as jed within the terminal, or xjed for mouse interactive menus.

I am introducing you with the Ted. Anyway, You can get much more information about the Ted from the following link :

http://www.nllgg.nl/Ted/

It is the quicker editor , but it still contains a much more components than I requires in it.