Thread: Unspecified error of sdclt.exe in Windows 7

Unspecified error of sdclt.exe in Windows 7

Hello friends, I am frequently getting an unspecified error of sdclt.exe in Windows 7. Actually, I get this error, when I am trying to do a backup and restore of the system. I tried to solve the issue with all possible techniques that I am aware of. Is this the problem with respect to the operating system? Please help me with all possible solutions that are available to solve this issue.

Re: Unspecified error of sdclt.exe in Windows 7

I am using Windows 7 operating system too and I had faced this same situation of unspecified error of sdclt.exe in Windows 7 in my computer too. Do not worry because there is a solution available for the same. You will have to start Command Prompt as the administrator. for this use the option of "run as administrator". After that type "sfc /scannow" there and then press Enter. I hope that your problem will be solved.

I suppose that you are not using a full version of the operating system because of which there is a problem of unspecified error of sdclt.exe in Windows 7. The trial version of the Windows 7 operating system does not support all the features of the full version. It is possible that the feature of backup and restore is not supported by the version that you are using because of which the error is being specified by the computer.

The unspecified error of sdclt.exe in Windows 7 may be a problem of this operating system, that you are using. I am hearing this problem for the first time, which means that it is not resolved till now. Why not send a message to the officials of Microsoft about this problem. They may be knowing what is causing this problem and will suggest a prefect solution for the same.

Dr. V Guest

Hello there, due to the problems like the unspecified error of sdclt.exe in Windows 7, it is suggested that the upgradation or installation of the Windows 7 operating system must be avoided. It is suggested that the Windows Vista operating system must be used for the users of Windows 7, as there as no such issues with Vista and it has similar features as Windows 7 too.

I suppose that you have done an upgradation to the Windows 7 operating system because such users are getting very unusual errors. I am advising you to uninstall the operating system and then, do a clean install of Windows 7. Then, try to do a backup or restore of the system. I am quite sure that there will be no problems after that. To avoid such problems, it is recommended that always a clean install of the operating system must be done.