Thread: How to Uninstall programs in Linux

How to Uninstall programs in Linux

Hello,
    I have recently installed the ubuntu linux operating system, I have installed some of the programs / software's in the operating system. However, I do not find how uninstall is done in this operating system. I delete the folder directly? Surely deleting the folder is not the proper way to do it. Please help me with this and let me know how to uninstall the program in the linux operating system.

Re: How to Uninstall programs in Linux

Hello,
    Did you intend to make a WoW server? Good luck for the management of database. Otherwise I think yes ubuntu is a distribution rather well led. So It is not right. If you have deleted the folder and it is fine, then operating system will not run the program from there. But i think it is still in the registry of the operating system.

Hello,
    Even I need a explanation on this, In fact on the pc I intended many things:
    -Wow private server lan
    Intranet-Server
    ftp-server
    and storage Smile
    finally I keep 4CORE under vista, and I made an old celeron 1.7Ghz with 512MB ram to do that, but it may not be much? I guess I am correct here, if not then please guide me with the correct.

Hello,
    I think so, WoW already is still something fairly consistent so ... how did you do the disk space on the PC you want to use as a ftp server / storage / WoW ...? PCQ that WOW takes a lot of room and whether it was a server that you want to implement for the Databases. It has more data than FTP over you on this server backups.

Hello,
    Ok, I anticipated 40GB for me, but it serves just for the server, no customers, I had already made a server with lan in xp, but I made a wrong manip, and I put aside, then I decide to redo Linux, why it is not uninstalling now. If you have a solution for this then please let me know I am still interested in this. Thanks in advance and if you know any alternate way to do it then please post back.

Hello,
    I have tried the option which you have suggested me, it offers me 3 choices,
    - Run ubuntu in low-graphics mode,
    - Reconfigure graphics,
    - Troubleshoot the error,
    Whatever my choice it ends with a black screen and no possibility of installing the driver manually. So, any help on this is appreciated. Thank you for your help.