Thread: How to get rid of the junk files in Windows 7

How to get rid of the junk files in Windows 7

Hello everyone, I want to know that how to get rid of the junk files in Windows 7. I am not sure what are the softwares or applications that are compatible with the Windows 7 operating system for optimizing the system. Well, I have done an upgradation to Windows 7 from Windows Vista. It has been almost 2 months after the upgradation is done and it seems that the system is already slow. So, please help me in this situation.

Re: How to get rid of the junk files in Windows 7

Inorder to get rid of the junk files in Windows 7, you can use the software called "SpeedUp my PC". This is a tool that I am using in my system with Windows XP operating system. But, I am not sure that whether the Windows 7 platform is compatible with the particular software. So, I suggest you to install this software first and then, run the hardware and software evaluation tool to check its compatibility with the operating system.

Dr. V Guest

I recommend you to use TuneUp Utilities to get rid of the junk files in Windows 7. I can assure you that it is truly compatible with the Windows 7 operating system because I am using it in my computer with the same platform. It also has the additional feature of defragmenting the disk. It can free up the spaces that are occupied by useless files. Hence, it provides the overall optimization of the system.

The "TuneUp Utilities" that is mentioned in the above post is a very good software, that will help you to get rid of the junk files in Windows 7. But, you have mentioned that your system is very slow. There are some errors in the registry that have to be fixed because it is not possible that just 2 months after upgradation, the system will become slow. So, I will advice you to install Registry Mechanic in your system, that is compatible with Windows 7 to get rid of the registry errors.

The junk files in Windows 7 may not be the main reason why the system is slow. It is also possible that there is some infection in the computer. That means that you must check for any malware infection in the system. For this, I suggest you to install any good anti-spyware like Spyware Doctor. This is because the anti-spywares have the ability to stay in the background of the system and thus, check for the activities that are going on within the computer.

I guess that since you have done an upgradation to the Windows 7 operating system, the computer must have become slow in such a less time after the switching of the operating system. Whereas the junk files in Windows 7 cannot make the system that slow. So, it is suggested that you must do a clean install of the operating system after formatting the current files of the older operating system.