Thread: Unable to remove vista theme

Unable to remove vista theme

I am using personal computer with Windows XP and there was a Vista theme in my computer. Recently there was a virus infection on my computer so for that i have delete all the files and folder from all drives and then also removed all the installed Vista themes from the computer through Add and Remove program in control panel. After that i have restarted the computer and checked that the vista themes exist in my computer after removing it. Please help me in removing this theme from the computer.

Dr. V Guest

Re: Unable to remove vista theme

As you have said that you have removed and deleted all the files and folders from your computer, it think the best way to clean your computer is to uninstall all the software and applicaitons and then you need to clean all the related registry files with the help of registry cleaner or registry uninstaller, by which you can remove the registry files of the softwares and also of vista theme.

I think you need to try "Ashampoo UnInstaller 4". There are many situations where you try out a new program and after that uninstall it from your computer. This is a great tool which can help you to remove all the softwares and related files to the uninstalled software. There is another method by which you can remove all the data completely, it is done by system restore and after that run the uninstaller to remove the theme.

I think you need to clean all the registry of the related files to the vista theme from the computer. To do this you need to go to the run option which is available in the windows options and then type in the search box cmd and a console will open then you need to type "regedit", after the writing this hit the enter button and the registry editor will open. There you need to find the files related to the vista theme and delete them to remove it completely from the computer.

The best way to remove all the data from the computer is to Format your computer and then install any of the operating system which you want. As you have said that you hae removed all the data manually, i can say that if you want to remove complete data form the computer then if is the better option to remove all the data. Because if you uninstall any of the software from the computer, its related files are stored in the C: drive so in order to remove them format it or you can use any of the registry cleaner software.

terroasibal Guest

you can use combofix, i can fix all your problems