Thread: How to Update Xubuntu?

How to Update Xubuntu?

Hello,
    When I try to do all the updates (+ 300), my session would be reopened after more time period. I tried packet but ultimately it's the same. After 3 reinstall I am more cautious now. I'm doing updates to important safety precautions. In the other which do you consider indispensable to those who could cause me problems if I install them? So, how do I update the Xubuntu operating system? Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.
    www.techarena.in

re: How to Update Xubuntu?

Hello,
    Everything is relative, if you need only a supported printer, CD and floppy disk drive and that you are not connect to internet will not your system for any updates. By cons, if you need software updates and you will regularly on the internet you need the update because they are updated security. Hence it is indispensable. In conclusion if you are able to install installs but otherwise takes only one for the software you use frequently.

Hello,
    Even I need to update my Xubuntu operating system, but it is not updating properly. I made the updates so-called "safety significant" in the task manager, but not those of other software. I have an internet connection. For the moment two things not working: I can not create other user sessions and I can not print (more annoying) any ting. Is there an update rule known that this type of problem?

Hello,
    Normally if your printer is not recognized you will have to compile the drivers yourself. It should look on the Ubuntu doc to see if your printer is recognized and if it is not, what driver is needed. As far as adding users, I think it is the command adduser or useradd. Hope this will help you and your problem is solved.

Hello,
    If if it is recognized. The system sends information to print but nothing happens. It says that the printer may be disconnected, but I checked, it is connected and work perfectly at the other machine which I have, what is the exact reason for this error. so, this solution is not quite working for me, if you have any other solution the please let me know.
    www.techarena.in

Hello,
    Tests with a different USB port and see if the USB cable behind the printer is connected. I do not really believe that this may be, but you never know. I do not thing the problem should be there if the hardware is corrected recognized by the operating system. I have no idea why this is giving you such an error. Hope you are performing the procedure correctly. Else if you can read the documentation on this and then again try with a more standard way.