Thread: Windows 7 BSOD error with atikmpag.sys

Windows 7 BSOD error with atikmpag.sys

I am having the issue with the my Sony laptop which is showing the BSOD. Actually it was working all fine till the time i have not upgraded with the Windows 7. I have installed the clean Windows 7 and after that Windows 7 BSOD error with atikmpag.sys starts coming which i am unable to resolve. So help me to get rid of the issue. Thanks

Re: Windows 7 BSOD error with atikmpag.sys

You did not mention about your system configuration which will help us to recognized your issue and give the solution for the same. Any ways as it seems that you have installed the new Os which require software and hardware driver up gradation too. So if you upgrade the driver then it will start working with the same.

I am having the same issue after the upgrade of the Windows vista running computer to the Windows 7 which gives me the blue screen error. After searching a lot about this issue i have finally got the solution that it is the issue with the driver of my computer. So i have downloaded and installed the latest one and the issue resolved. So advice you to do the same.

As per my knowledge the atikmpag.sys is the file associated with the ATI graphic card which runs with the same. So if you are getting the BSOD error associated with this file then you need to install the driver for the ATI graphic card which can be downloaded from the official site of ATI. Also download the latest one instead of older one for your system.

This is nothing but the issue of the compatibility of the Windows 7 which requires the latest driver for the hardware and software to run on the same. The Microsoft have been launched the Windows 7 but don't know why it seems to have the issue with the compatibility. So advice you to go through the list of compatible software of the Windows 7 on below link.
    Windows 7 compatible software list

As per my knowledge the atikmpag.sys is the file associated with the ATI graphic card which runs with the same. So if you are getting the BSOD error associated with this file then you need to install the driver for the ATI graphic card which can be downloaded from the official site of ATI. Also download the latest one instead of older one for your system.
    Thanks Ekpah, This is really the issue with the ATI graphic card. After updating the graphic driver the BSOD screen has been gone and the system is also working fine. Also i appreciate the help of all of the user.