Thread: Asus Z97V has crashed on Windows

Asus Z97V has crashed on Windows

Hi,
    I have a Asus Z97V laptop which I purchased a long time befor. I will not say it has a powerful hardware support but relatively well for office and internet work. Recently due to virus issue I formatted my computer and install Windows back and upgraded to Windows Vista. But as I installed and configured my modem on it Windows crashed. This happened now many times. How to fix this.

Re: Asus Z97V has crashed on Windows

It is quiet possible that some hardware on your laptop is not compatible with Windows Vista. Due to which your system is crashing frequently. You can only one thing here is re-install your old operating system back again and then check back. If this does not crash then there is issue with the new versions compatibility issues. You cannot run that on your laptop.

Do this. Disconnect first all the newly attached hardware's to your laptop. Like printer, modem, etc. Then reboot your system and checkback. Use it for a while and then check. If this works then you are having either a damaged hardware or hardware conflict on your computer. You will have to anyhow figure out which hardware is causing the issue for replacement.

I will recommend you first go on the official site and download the latest drivers for your laptop model. May be your drivers are not compatible with the new version of windows which is causing it to crash. You can search for compatible drivers as per the operating system installed in your computer and then try back again for a fresh installation.

BSOD issue mainly lies to the RAM corruption. The system crashed down to prevent any further damage. If you can remove the RAM of your laptop and then replace the same back then try it.This will need opening of the entire unit and then placing it back. Usually the RAM is located on the back panel. You can show the same to service center also.

First check that the version of Windows Vista which you are trying to install is proper or not. If you are trying to install a pirated version of OS then this will be much frequent. Secondly run in safe mode and remove all newly installed drivers and software. Then boot in normal mode and re-install everything. If you visit BSOD frequent then note down the error message on it and post here for more solution.