Thread: BSOD 'BAD_POOL_HEADER' ntoskrnl.exe

BSOD 'BAD_POOL_HEADER' ntoskrnl.exe

Hi there, I have a Hp laptop which is coming with Windows Vista pre-installed in it. So i have upgraded the same with Windows 7 after that i have started getting the Blue screen of death. This blue screen appears randomly and gives the error with BSOD 'BAD_POOL_HEADER' ntoskrnl.exe and i am unable to understand the same. So if any one have gone through the same please advice me how to get rid of it.

Re: BSOD 'BAD_POOL_HEADER' ntoskrnl.exe

If you are getting the error with the Windows 7 then its obvious as the Vista driver are not compatible with the Windows 7 so you are getting the blue screen. You need to upgrade the driver of your system with the compatible with the Windows 7. Download the latest driver of all your computer and this error will not appear more.

I can tell you that you need to upgrade the some of the important driver of your system which is running with the older version of the Operating system. So update the Motherboard, Audio, Graphic driver first as this can resolve the issue. Also if you are running any anti virus then remove the same and install the Microsoft Security Essential

As you have said to upgrade the driver of my system to perform the compatibility with the Windows 7 and i have done the same and now i am not getting the error with the ntoskrnl.exe but with other file. the BSOD are still coming but this time the Error is with another file. So if it is the compatibility issue then give me the list of the compatible software with Windows 7.

Here i am giving you some of the link which have been discussed about the Windows 7 compatible software. Go through this all link and find the compatible for your system. I hope that this will work for you. If you like the same then say thanks.
    Windows 7 compatible software list
    Windows 7 compatible software?
    Software Compatibility with Windows 7

If you are going through the update then it is natural that you will get the BSOD as you are running the older version of OS and now upgrading to Windows 7 which is the latest one. And having the compatibility issue with the same. So if you want to get rid of it then its better to install the Clean Windows 7 or upgrade with the latest driver of all the hardware and software of your system.