Thread: "Application Not Found" Error for Windows Vista

"Application Not Found" Error for Windows Vista

I am having an issue with my computer which is showing the "Application Not Found" Error for Windows Vista and the same error appear for most of the program. The latest is with the Mozilla Firefox when i am trying to open the same it shows me the Application Not Found error and does not proceed with the same. So i hope that i will get the solution here.

Re: "Application Not Found" Error for Windows Vista

If you are getting this issue with the Mozilla Firefox browser then have you set the Mozilla as your default browser. If not then set it as your default browser and try to run the same again. Also make sure that you are running the application from the shortcut. If yes then delete the shortcut and recreate the same.

Hey thanks for your response that you have given me about the error that i am getting. Can you please explain me about the how to set the Mozilla Firefox as default browser. As right now Internet Explorer is set as the default browser. So help me to set the same to get rid of this issue of application can not found.

To set the Mozilla as your default browser just take the below given stpe that will guide you for the same and make your default browser Mozilla Firefox.
    1. Click on start
    2. Click on Control Panel
    3. Go to the Network & Internet
    4. Click Internet Options.
    5. Jump to Programs tab.
    6. Check whether Mozilla Firefox is set as default or not.
    7. Unchecked if internet explorer is set
    8. Now Start Mozilla and prompt for setting it as default
    9. Click OK

Are you trying to open the application from there shortcut? As some time the shortcut of the application got corrupted and stop responding to the application so in that case you will open the application from the Shortcut of it then it will not open. The registry entry for the shortcut got corrupt so you are unable to access the same. So clear the registry.

If you are getting the Error that Application can not found then i think the installation of that application might got corrupted so in that case i think you have to run System File Checker which will detect the System for corrupt installation and if found any then correct the same. To run then System File Checker first open the command prompt and then type sfc/Scannow in it and hit enter. Thats it!!!