Thread: Windows 7 Evaluation Copy

Windows 7 Evaluation Copy

Hi,
    I got a evaluation copy of Windows 7 from a friend. It is really useful and I can use Windows 7. But as I checked out that weather this version of Windows 7 is registered or not I had found that nothing is mentioned there. I had seen in control panel and device manager. There is nothing mentioned just that your Windows is activated. What is the expire date of this and what are other version similar to this.

Re: Windows 7 Evaluation Copy

By doing this step you can find out the last date of your Windows version. For this you will have to click on Start > Run and then type winver. Press OK. In that you will get the information of the version and the date when the operating system is going to expire. Right now there is no copy of Windows 7 which out and you can stick to this before buying the final copy.

There are various versions of Windows 7 who have a imprint on their desktop.Like I have a RC copy of Windows 7 in at the right bottom of the desktop you can see it is written as for testing purpose only with the version details. Even if you boot in safe mode you will get the information about the version of operating system which you are using right now.

If you are planning for upgrade then it is possible to upgrade from RC to Final version of Windows 7. Here there is no need to re-install Windows 7 back again. Just an initial update will work. If you are using the RC version of Windows 7 then remember that this will expire by June 2010. After that your computer will shutdown automatically after every 2 hours. You will get a notification for the same 2 weeks before.

The evaluation version has some limitations. Like if you have Windows 7 Beta version or RC then you will need to take a backup of your entire computer before installation a 90 day trail. The 90 day trial is a full working version of Windows 7 were you get almost everything what you get in the license version. But that only works for 90 days. If you fail to activate your windows after 90 days then it will shut down after every hour.

Right there is no such version available. So if you have then better you use it. Then you can only get a 90 days evaluation copy. This is a free trial of Windows 7 for 90 days. After that you will need to activate it. I am currently using the Windows Enterprise RTM 90 days trail copy. I just to want to check out the features and support of the same. The prices for corporates is quiet high in comparison to the other version.