Thread: Grub loader issue with linux Open Suse

Grub loader issue with linux Open Suse

Hi Everyone,

I am getting some problem after installation of Windows Vista. The problem is related to my Grub Loader. Actually,my Computer is configured such as :

Disk 0 (C,E,F) and Windows XP SP2 under C: and Windows Vista under F drive. where as
    Disk 1 have /dev/sbd1, sbd2 and sbd3 with Open Suse 10.1

Before I installation of Vista, I had a grub loader and everything was oK then but when I installed Vista I only get the 2 Windows options, grub is not over there.Please help me to get it back.

Thanks.

Well, don't worry!!

There are some situation comes when the partition and file system used by system comes into matter.The Linux based system always uses FAT and windows based NTFS.
    You have installed the windows and open sues on different disk then you should not worry about this.You need to insert the operating system disk of Open Suse 10.1 and run rescue, wait for the processing happens until the login and password.

After then the installation would be completed and you would be promoted for the login name and password.

Thanks

Hello,
    Well suggested and really working fine,thanks for replying best one but getting some problem again.When I insert my Open Suse disk in the keyword , all of the installation process is going well until login and password.

I was prompted to enter the user login and password and I used during the first installation of Suse 10.1. However it allows me to type in the login and the then after prompt again for password but I the input is not going properly from the keyboard either alpha or numerical. What mistake,I am committing and what should troubleshooting needed in this situation.

I am not so much aware about the Suse 10.1 or its configuration, but In case, where the password box easily does not return the echo for inputted words by the keyboard rather than echoing with the asterisk sign (*) and the password are not being shown in the terminal with the command line.

The GUI shows the password with the asterisk sign where the terminal prompt doesn't show you anything. It's not being confirm from your question whether you have uses the hit key means <Enter> after entering in the password and what happened after that, or whether you have skipped because you are not getting anything in the password box.

There are so many Linux users uses the system with dual booting.It is typically performed by installing Windows operating system on different hard-drive partition means one is occupied with Linux and another partition with Windows.

Linux managed and uses with the boot manager known as GRUB (some, specifically previous distributions may uses different boot manager named as LILO). The boot manager will let you choose,during boot time of system and depends on what operating system you are using to boot.