Thread: Software update didn't ask for password in Mac.

Software update didn't ask for password in Mac.

Hello to all,
    When I tried to restart my computer Mac Os X asked me, are you wanted to install the software update before restart. I press yes and then it start "installing 4 items." I don;t know why software update didn't ask for password in Mac. I think there may be some suspicious behind it. Can anyone help me.
    Thank you.

Re: Software update didn't ask for password in Mac.

Hey I think these may not be the most important or not the big software update that is not related to authentication and that's why it will not asked for user name and password. There are some software update which are not so important for your Operating System and that's why it does not asked for user name and password. If you are tried to main software update then only it will asked for user name and password.

It seems that your Mac has only download software update but haven't installed it and that's why it will not asked for user name and password. You will only asked for user name and password when your computer start to install software update in your computer. You have to just install that update to fix this problem. Now it will asked for password.

It seems that it may be some kind of virus is affected to your computer and that's why you are getting such type of problem. In this case try to scan your PC to get rid out of this problem. There are some kind of virus that downloaded on your computer and as a software update and then try to get important information from your computer. Just full scan your computer.

Hey as per my information Mac does not be affected with any kind of virus and therefore there is no need to worry about virus. I think your computer is affected with some kind of malware. They are not like virus. In this case you have to use some malware removal program to fix this problem. You also have to remember following:
    1.Do not install pirated software in your computer.
    2.DO not install suspicious program.

Dr. V Guest

I also had the same problem. I tried various method but none of them worked out. Then I report this to apple and they said that not all the software updates requires password, only few of them which are related to programs/patches/fixes only required password. I hope this will be useful for you.