Thread: "Ntkrnlmp.exe could not be loaded." during the Windows XP installation

"Ntkrnlmp.exe could not be loaded." during the Windows XP installation

I am having the desktop computer system in which i want to install the Windows XP operating system. But when i install the Windows XP operating system then the installation stops in between and error message shows that the Ntkrnlmp.exe could not be loaded and error type shown as the "error code is 7". So the "Ntkrnlmp.exe could not be loaded" during the Windows XP installation in my desktop computer system.

Re: "Ntkrnlmp.exe could not be loaded." during the Windows XP installation

You are having the desktop computer system in which you want to install the Windows XP operating system but you are not able to do so. The reason for this is that the setup process stops by showing the error. The system shows that the 'I386\Ntkrnlmp.exe file could not be loaded' and the 'error code is 7' of this problem. I think there is some settings issue in your desktop. So first make the settings of the system to the default after that again try to install the Windows XP operating system.

If you are getting the Error code 7 issue showing that the I386\Ntkrnlmp.exe file could not be loaded during the installation of the Windows XP operating system in your desktop then i think there is problem with the Basic input/output system (BIOS) of your desktop computer system. So i will recommend you to check the BIOS setting of your desktop computer.

You can easily resolve this problem of the Windows XP operating system installation in your desktop computer system by restoring the basic input/output system setting of the desktop to its default. This procedure may involve changing the computer's complementary metal oxide semiconductor (CMOS) settings and altering the computer's BIOS.

You can also get the error code 7 problem of "Ntkrnlmp.exe could not be loaded" if the RAM memory of your desktop computer system is not proper. Meaning that the RAM memory installed in your computer system is faulty , damaged or it may be not working. So i will advise you to check the type of the RAM you are using in your desktop computer system.

Check the RAM memory type which is supported by the your desktop computer system if you are not using the compatible RAM then you will need to change it and attach the new compatible RAM to the motherboard of your computer system. If you are using the proper RAM according to the motherboard and then also this issue is coming then the RAM is faulty. It is better to change the RAM of the desktop computer.