Thread: Windows 7 message: Setup is starting services

Windows 7 message: Setup is starting services

A weird problem has recently stuck up with my HP Desktop, that is running Windows 7 operating system. The situation that I am facing is that there is a Windows 7 message: Setup is starting services whenever I start my system and that message never goes from the screen. I restarted the system, thinking that the problem will be eradicated, but still I had the same issue. It asks me to restart the computer by clicking OK. I do the same, but still the problem persists. Please lend some help soon. I am using Windows 7 operating system with 2 GB RAM and Core2Duo processor.

Re: Windows 7 message: Setup is starting services

If you are getting irritated with the "Windows 7 message: Setup is starting services", then it seems that there is a possibility that some infection is causing the same. It is suggested that you do not click on OK when it prompts to do so. This is because it may be executing some malicious codes on the system. This could lead to further problems like a system crash too. Formatting is a recommended method that can be used in this case.

Dr. V Guest

There is an option to repair the startup of the system. This technique will help you to solve the problem of the Windows 7 message: Setup is starting services. I have seen many users facing such problems. This happens when some problem occurs while the operating system is installed. The computer must have not alerted about this error while the installation was going on.

You can check out what is causing the problem of the Windows 7 message: Setup is starting services by starting the Task Manager by pressing CTRL+ALT+DEL. When you get the system message again, you have to start the Task Manager as mentioned above and check out for the processes that are running in the system. Close all other programs and applications, so that you will be able to know which particular process is causing the issue. You will have to kill the process to get rid of the problem.

Have you tried enabling the system restore to solve the issue of the Windows 7 message: Setup is starting services? You will have to start the computer in the safe mode first for this purpose. Better do the system restore to the factory settings. It is to be noted that all the data and installed components will be lost. So, make a backup of the same and then do the system restore. Your problem will be probably solved.

Hello there, it is better if you call the computer engineer because he will be able to look at the problem of Windows 7 message: Setup is starting services that is being caused. I suppose that he will format the computer, if nothing else works out. This is because your problem seems to be very strange and hence, cannot help you with the perfect solution for the same. Good luck as you try the solutions mentioned in the above posts.