Thread: Problem in auto mode installation

Problem in auto mode installation

Hello,
    I am new to linux operating system. When I run my install in auto mode, CD-ROM (a creative 52x) is not detected but when I run it in expert mode, do not worry, my CDROM is seen. I downloaded an image from the debian site, I extracted this file under windows and burn, I launched the install using the boot floppy. Is it possible to use the burned CD to install because even in expert mode if my CDROM is seen, the CD does not play. Any help on this is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Re: Problem in auto mode installation

Hello,
    I do not know but the important thing is being recognized expert mode. I think you should extract the image. You do not need to extract the ISO image you downloaded and you serious this is straightforward. Now if your CD drive is recognized, you can start your installation. I think this should work fine with you. First try this if it is not working then you can post back the query.

Hello,
    I think I have a same problem regarding the auto mode installation. I needed to get the tools to create boot floppies (note I was not forced to burn ... it was downright useless ...). I'll try to burn the iso directly and run the install from the CD ROM ... we'll see what happens. But if you have any other alternatives then please let me know I am the interested one here. I still think that there is a way to do this smoothly. Thanks in advance.

Re: installing linux in auto mode

Hello,
    When I burn the iso directly (from Windows) to install Linux, detection of CD ROM, told me that the CD is not a debian . A little history helps that I'm not disgusted with Linux before finishing its install? But this is not what i exactly what to happen during the installation. If you know how to do this perfectly that is the installation should not halt in between, during this the installation is halted and the screen is blank.

Hello,
    I also found the problems on recent kernels with Debian. Especially my CD / DVD NEC walking very far before, began to make errors of access and reading mode data (by cons no interest in audio mode) after a upgrade. Several other posts on the Internet showed a bug kernel. Everything was arranged with a complete upgrade after time.

Hello,
    Well, I'll try to explain a little better my concern ...
    I try to install a Debian
    1. Choose the language OK
    2. Select country OK
    3. Load drivers from floppy OK
    4.Choix a keyboard OK
    5. Detect and mount the CDROM OK
    6. Load installer components from CD NO

If you have any idea about this and if you have gone through this before then please help me with this.