Thread: Install Debian via Internet

Install Debian via Internet

Hello,
    I would like to install debian via internet. The problem is that I only have a Box Wifi and I do not know how to configure it (or what is the process of installing Linux) install wireless key, so that I can download the packages on my Debian install and run the operating system. If someone has an idea about it then please help me with it. Thanks in advance.

Re: Install Debian via Internet

Hello,
    I think you'll have to recover data other than WiFi. At the same time I'm not a pro debian, and it seems that everything is possible in the Linux world, but hey you may have to put up the drivers and other tools necessary to wifi you even if it has not been provided. I have not done an installation like this before, but I think this is possible and should not be difficult, because debian is a popular distribution and all options are available for it.

Hello,
    I have a parallel question, can I install the drivers while I'm at the stage of installing Linux? if so how? in the basic tutorial of installing Debian, it is recommended to create disks on which you write the sector block by block (raw mode I think). Do I need to create diskettes from my WiFi key drivers in the same way? and what is the command line to install these drivers? Any help on this is highly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Re: debian installation through internet

Hello,
    Regarding the detection of material, it will not work. What you should do, find the drivers, you can download them from the official site of the Debian of any other mirror for it, I think they are easily available. How to make a disk bootv in debian and how to ensure that it uses it? this question is difficult to answer and I think the installation you are doing is risky, you have a change to loose the data which such installation, it is always better to install an operating system from a CD or DVD.

Hi,
    To make a boot disk for Debian, I've already made in copying the RAW files provided with the distribution. During installation of debian to the systems at a time whether you want to add drivers (after giving the root disk), I thought that perhaps at that time there was any way to put my drivers for wifi key, right? if so how do we do? because right now I only have the floppy drivers CD all ready provided with the Linux distrib.

Hello,
    During the installation phase, you can always access a shell with a minimum order, you can maybe try to copy your compiled kernel module and insert it through this shell. This works for sure, but I recommend you to download a live cd of linux debian distribution and then install it from the CD, this will be the best option in your case. I think you know what you have to do now.