Thread: Recover installation CD for Debian

Recover installation CD for Debian

Hello,
    I want to recover the installation CD of Debian, I run the installer, everything goes well, until it ejects the CD and asks me to withdraw in order to restart from disk, and that's what I do not understand, then the system restarts and displays that there is a problem of segmentation fault, that it can not find root_pivot, it can not open / dev / console. I have no idea how to get rid of this, if you know the solution for this then I am the interested on here. Thanks in advance.

Re: Recover installation CD for Debian

Hello,
    I think if you have such problems then please try reinstalling or burn another cd or dvd. Or alternatively you can try the Linux live CD , test it first if it works and then you can install it. If you want to test the installation of the Debian operating system, then the best way is this that is to try the Live CD first and then see, if you like it install it or you have many flavours of linux operating system.

Re: Debian installation CD

Hello,
    I use my CDRW to install and recover a installation CD. Your mistake is perhaps a misconfiguration of your boot loader. Essay if you can boot from a livecd (or windows if you are dual booting) to retrieve the logs and send them to us. You will perhaps save a cd. Have you tried this with the Debian Live CD? If not then I recommend you to first try it with the Live CD.

Re: Debian installation fails

Hello,
    I think I have a similar kind of a problem. I just try, but nothing came of it, I am getting the same error as posted above. I'll try to give more details, I have a Compaq Presario with the disc is split into two partitions: c: of which there are windows that I want to keep and d: which I would like to Debian. So, if you guys have any solution for this then please let me know. Thanks in advance.

Hello,
    I think there is a problem with the drive, because if that you have a wrong manip during the installation. I think you should try this
    1) select the second partition and then use one partition (recommended for beginners), then it creates a partition for / and another for the swap.
    2) select the second partition and then use this computer as a workstation and then creates three partitions: /, / home and swap.

Hello,
    I had a similar problem , but I have a solution for this
    Code:
    linux26
    At the beginning of the installation, I concluded that the problem was that my computer was too recent for kernel 2.4 and it needed a kernel 2.6. That is see the version of the kernel you are installing, I think some kernels are not compatible with the new hardware or vise verse, though I am not sure about this, but changing the kernel worked for me. Try change the version of the kernel and see if it works for you.