Thread: 2.0 USB port is read as 1.3 after upgradation to Windows 7

2.0 USB port is read as 1.3 after upgradation to Windows 7

I am facing a very unusual problem in my system. The issue is that the 2.0 USB port is read as 1.3 after upgradation to Windows 7. I am not able to understand why this is happening because there was no such issue when I was using Windows Vista operating system previously. Also, the computer becomes entirely slow, when I insert any external drive into the computer. I keep getting a pop-up that I need to do an upgradation to 2.0 USB. What should I do in this situation? I am awaiting for suitable solutions.

Re: 2.0 USB port is read as 1.3 after upgradation to Windows 7

If the 2.0 USB port is read as 1.3 after upgradation to Windows 7, then there is surely some malicious data in your system. Scan the whole system with a well updated antivirus. This must include all the hard drives and flash drives too. Remove all the unhealed infections that are detected during this scan. If the problem still persists, then the only solution is to format the computer as soon as possible.

The problems like 2.0 USB port is read as 1.3 after upgradation to Windows 7 occurs when the upgradation of the operating system is done. To avoid them, it is always suggested that always a clean install of any operating system must be done by formatting the computer, that is after the older operating system is completely removed. So, do a clean install of Windows 7 to solve the issue.

There must have been some problem while doing an upgradation to the Windows 7 operating system because of which you are facing issues like 2.0 USB port is read as 1.3 after upgradation to Windows 7. A solution that can be used in this situation is to repair the system with the help of the Windows 7 operating system disc. Try it out and just let me know if your problem is solved or not.

Hello there, start the Task Manager with the help of CTRL+ALT+DEL and check out whether ant malicious processes are running in the system or not. If there are any such processes, then kill those processes first. After that, install Spyware Doctor in your system because this will remove all the applications and programs that are causing malicious activities running in the system. This will hopefully solve the problem of 2.0 USB port is read as 1.3 after upgradation to Windows 7.

Hey, I suppose that there are some conflicts of the drivers in the system with the operating system due to which the issues like 2.0 USB port is read as 1.3 after upgradation to Windows 7 are being faced in the computer. So, you will have to first make sure that proper drivers are installed in the computer, that are compatible with the Windows 7 operating system.