Thread: Continuous loop of 'preparing your desktop'

Continuous loop of 'preparing your desktop'

I am having an issue with the my notebook. Yesterday i was working on the Word file and suddenly the system hanged, so i have given the restart to the OS and after that at start up of the computer it display me the message 'preparing your desktop' after word the desktop icon and all were gone and it seems like everything was set to factory setting but all the program is still in the C drive installed. Also when i have tried to set the Google Chrome as default browser it does not even after the restart. So help me with Continuous loop of 'preparing your desktop'. Thank you

Re: Continuous loop of 'preparing your desktop'

It seems that there is issue with the user account that you have created to log in. So if this is the problem then you have to save all data and log in as the Administrator and delete the user profile and create the new user account or use computer as admin only. It might resolve your issue so try this out. Also let me know that this helped you or not.

I think that there is some kind of issue with the WINLOGON.EXE which might got corrupted as this is the main file for the log on of the user and gives the control what the user like to see. So i will suggest you to run the sfc/scannow to check for the corrupted file and fix the same. To run the same you have to open the command prompt and the type sfc/scannow. Thats it!!!

I have gone through all the detail that you have specified above and run the sfc/scannow command from the command prompt which display one error message that i am posting here hoping that you might get to know what is the actual issue with the system of mine. The Error is as follows:
    Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them. Details are included in the CBS.Log windir\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For example C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CBS.log

Ok, just do one thing after the starting of your computer just go to the task bar and right click on the same and then select the task manager. Now go to the process tab and terminate the explorer.exe. Now open the command prompt from the task manager's File> New Run type CMD>Enter and type
    "SET USERPROFILE=C:\USERS\username" and then type "EXPLORER.EXE".

The Error which you are talking about is known as the corruption of the OS file which the sfc/scannow is unable to repair that is why giving the message. So if you are also getting the same error then you need to insert the OS disc and the repair the complete operating system which will repair the corruption of the file in the Windows Folder.