Thread: Can SpeedLord be used in Windows 7

Can SpeedLord be used in Windows 7

Hello friends, SpeedLord is a software that I am using in my system, that is currently running Windows XP. This software helps to boost the download speed up to 200%. But, now I am thinking of upgrading to Windows 7 soon. This is why I am having this query that can SpeedLord be used in Windows 7 or not. What are the operating systems that it supports? What do you guys think about doing an upgradation to Windows 7? I am waiting for some replies.

Re: Can SpeedLord be used in Windows 7

Hello there, to know that can SpeedLord be used in Windows 7, you will have to run the hardware and software evaluation wizard in Windows 7. This is a software that lists all the programs, applications and other components that are installed in the system and are compatible or incompatible with the operating system being used. SO, this will help you to solve your query.

I do not think that SpeedLord can be used in Windows 7 because the system requirements of the same, that are shown below does not mention that Windows 7 is supported or not:
    Operating systems:
    • Windows 98
    • Windows ME
    • Windows 2000
    • Windows2003
    • Windows XP
    • Windows Vista Business
    • Windows Vista Enterprise
    • Windows Vista Home Basic
    • Windows Vista Home Premium
    • Windows Vista Starter
    • Windows Vista Ultimate

Other requirements:
    • Internet connection

The main reason why the upgradation to Windows 7 must not be done is because it has incompatibility problems with many of the softwares and applications that work fine in the older versions of Windows operating systems. Another main reason for you is that SpeedLord also cannot be used in Windows 7. If you want to upgrade from Windows XP to Windows 7, then this is not possible. You will have to do a clean install of Windows 7.

It is good if you do a clean install of the Windows 7 operating systems because the users who have done an upgradation of Windows 7 are actually facing the incompatibility issues. So, you may be able to use SpeedLord in Windows 7. If you find that this software is incompatible, then there is no need to worry, since you will be able to find many other options for increasing the download speed.

If SpeedLord cannot be used in Windows 7, then just check out the following complements, that I have found for increasing the speed of the downloads from the web:
    1. Speedy Web Navigator 1.2
    2. Kapere 1.2.0.0
    3. Nitro Downloader 3.0
    4. BearShare 8.1
    5. AbleGet 6.4.1
    6. DownShift Download Manager 1.0

All of the above mentioned softwares and applications are seen to work fine with Windows 7.

Quote Originally Posted by Maadhav View Post
    Hello friends, SpeedLord is a software that I am using in my system, that is currently running Windows XP. This software helps to boost the download speed up to 200%. But, now I am thinking of upgrading to Windows 7 soon. This is why I am having this query that can SpeedLord be used in Windows 7 or not. What are the operating systems that it supports? What do you guys think about doing an upgradation to Windows 7? I am waiting for some replies.
    Hi Maadhav. First of all yes, Speedlord is fully compatible with Windows 7. I have it installed under win7 for about 1 week and it works perfectly, no crashes at all. I've also done a little research on this and found that their website is specifically mentioning their products are compatible with windows 7.

As for an advice on whether to upgrade to win7 or not let me put it this way. I was an win xp user and fan for a long time. First days after installing win7 were a bit confusing as many things look different but now I am very pleased I have done it, got used to it and everything works great. Hope this helps! Cheers!

Can SpeedLord be used in Windows 7

Thank you for providing information about it, i was very worried about it, but as you had said that it's working fine, then no i will definitely upgrade it to Windows 7.