Thread: Network performance is very low after upgradation to Windows 7

Network performance is very low after upgradation to Windows 7

I am facing a situation in my system, that the network performance is very low after upgradation to Windows 7. I was using Windows Vista operating system previously. During any transfer on the LAN, I used to get a speed of about 30 MBPS, but now the speed does not increment more than 300 KBPS. So, this is very slow as compared to the previous speed that I was getting. Please help me soon and thanks for any help.

Dr. V Guest

Re: Network performance is very low after upgradation to Windows 7

The issues like the network performance is very low after upgradation to Windows 7 is very common with the users who upgrade to any operating system from the previous one. So, the main problem is that you have done an upgradation. Whenever you want to switch to another operating system, remember that, you should always do a clean install. So, doing a clean install of Windows 7 will solve the issue.

It seems that you are running homegroup in your system. This is the reason why network performance is very low after upgradation to Windows 7. The slow speed in transfers are experienced with the homegroup model only. Switching to the workgroup model will solve the problem and I can assure you this because I had such a problem in my system before some time.

According to me, the network performance is very low after upgradation to Windows 7 is the main cause of the operating system. So, Windows 7 is responsible for its slow performance. You must actually avoid using Windows 7 operating system to get rid of the problem. I suggest that Windows Vista is better than Windows 7 because it provides almost the same features.

I suppose that the problem of network performance is very low after upgradation to Windows 7 can be solved by working with mixed environments, that is mixing with workgroups and homegroups. But, I will suggest that it will be better if you turn off homegroup and use workgroups. Also, have a look at the following, since it may also provide some help:
    Improve Windows 7 network performance via Transparent Caching

It is true that upgrading of the operating system can cause issues like network performance is very low after upgradation to Windows 7. Also, it will be better if you check that all the connections of the LAN are proper. The main point that must be taken care of while using Windows 7 operating system is to check that have you installed proper drivers that are compatible with the system.