Thread: Computer hangs while file transfer in Windows 7

Computer hangs while file transfer in Windows 7

The problem that I am facing in my system is that the computer hangs while file transfer in Windows 7. I am using Windows 7 from over a month and this is a problem that I am facing recently. Everytime I have to restart my system due to these problems. The files are transferred till 95% and then, the system simply hangs. The problems are mostly while large files are transferred. So, I cannot take anything in my external drive. Please help me with all your comments and suggestions.

Re: Computer hangs while file transfer in Windows 7

The issue that the computer hangs while file transfer in Windows 7 is surely because some malicious data has entered in your system. So, you will have to scan the system with a well updated antivirus. I will suggest you to install AVG, since it has the ability to get rid of trojans, worms and other virus. So, scan the entire computer, along with all the hard drives and flash drives too. Delete all the infections that are detected.

I suppose that the computer hangs while file transfer in Windows 7 because there are many unnecessary activities going on within the system. This means that many of the processes that are run without any reason needs to be terminated by starting the Task Manager with the help of CTRL+ALT+DEL. Also, uninstall the programs and softwares, that are not required.

According to me Windows 7 uses a lot of resources to run its built-in applications, that is the gadgets as well as the graphical themes. This is why the computer hangs while file transfer in Windows 7. You have to turn all these features to lessen the memory usage by the operating system. First of all turn off all the gadgets and most importantly, turn switch to the Aero theme.

If the computer hangs while file transfer in Windows 7, then this means that there are many junk files in the computer. You will have to remove all those files as well as optimize the computer to get rid of the problem that you are facing. You can do this with the help of the optimization tools that have been recommended for the Windows 7 operating system, that are given below:
    1. Registry Mechanic
    2. SpeedUp My PC
    3. TuneUP Utilities

All the above tools are compatible with Windows 7.

If any of the techniques that are mentioned in the above posts cannot help you from the issue of that the computer hangs while file transfer in Windows 7, then I guess there is only one method that can be used. You will have to format the system and install a fresh copy of the operating system that you are using. This is the ultimate method that can be used, if nothing works.