Thread: What is skytel.exe

What is skytel.exe

I am using an acer aspire laptop which is running with windows 7. Although my lapto was infected from the first day when i purchased it 15 days before but somehow i managed to dump the infection. Now whenever i open the task manager to check whether the malicious processes are still running i found that none of the malicious process are sunning still. But i noticed a new process skytel.exe . Anyone ever heard it before what is skytel.exe. Is it a malicious process a helpful process or some neutral process. please provide some information on this topic. i will be grateful to you

Re: What is skytel.exe

As far as i am aware the skytel is although a valid program but it is all up to you whether you want to run it during the startup or not. You can choose whether to run this program at startup or not but you are not allowed to disable this process since this is an important process required by the application.

According to my knowledege the skylet is not a malicious process . it is related to Realtek Voice Manager from Realtek Semiconductor Corp. It is associated t the Realtek audio drivers. Hence if you try to eliminate or disable this process using the Task manager it will result in the disappearance of the audio from your system.

Skytel.exe is an executable file which will not harm your system by any means it is related to the realtek audio drivers somewhat and hence it is not recommended to end this process. It may have been installed on your system by you or installed with another program or package. It may have been preinstalled on your computer system since the day you first purchased it

This process usually belongs to the realtek manager from the realtek corporation. This program may be located on your hard drive in your windows or system32 folder. i would recommend not to touch this file else you will loose your audio from the system. I do not think that this will affect your system so forget it.

The Skytel is not a harmful process it is located in the windows folder within the c: drive. It also has a window which is visible. It starts automatically with windows. although it is not a core file from windows it is a trust worthy file from microsoft it also can record inputs. But it is not much dangerous.