Thread: Cannot set default program for viewing videos

Cannot set default program for viewing videos

My system is having a particular problem, that it cannot set default program for viewing videos. Whenever I start any video file, it always starts with the Windows Media Player. I want to start it in Gom Player. So, I have to use the Open With option everytime. I cannot understand why this problem is happening. I am using Windows 7 operating system with 2 GB RAM and Core2Duo processor.

Dr. V Guest

Re: Cannot set default program for viewing videos

Hello there, the problem that you cannot set default program for viewing videos because the default program is set as Windows Media Player. When you use the Open With option, there is a check box below, where it says that "Always use the selected program to open this kind of file". There use Gom Player as the program and you problem will be hopefully solved.

Hello again, Dr. V, actually, I have already tried that solution. But, still I am having the same problem that the system cannot set default program for viewing videos. Is there some other technique that can be used solve this problem? I have also tried it by setting with the help of properties, but still no help. Please help me with suitable solutions and thank you in advance.

I think that you cannot set default program for viewing videos because the Windows 7 operating system is installed in your computer. This may be a bug that you are facing in Windows 7 operating system. It is also possible that there was a problem while installing the Windows 7 operating system. Formatting the system and reinstalling the operating system will solve the issue.

It seems that you have done an upgradation of the Windows 7 operating system. I have seen many users who have upgraded the operating system facing problems like cannot set default program for viewing videos. This is why it is recommended that you must always do a clean install of Windows 7 by removing the previous version of Windows operating system completely.

Hey, according to me, you cannot set default program for viewing videos is completely the issue of Windows 7. Have to tried doing the same setting in the safe mode. You can get the option of going into the safe mode when the system is started. Make sure that you are using the full version of the operating system because the trial version may not support such features.