Thread: GSA Image Analyser cannot be used with Windows 7

GSA Image Analyser cannot be used with Windows 7

GSA Image Analyser is a very important software for me, that I am using in my system currently with Windows XP operating system for the scientific evaluation of 2D images. I am going to upgrade to Windows 7 immediately and many of my friends have warned me that GSA Image Analyser cannot be used with Windows 7. Is this true? If yes, then how can I get rid of this situation? I am waiting for all possible comments.

Re: GSA Image Analyser cannot be used with Windows 7

I think that GSA Image Analyser cannot be used with Windows 7 because many of the softwares and applications that work fine with the older versions of the Windows operating systems are seen to have problems in Windows 7. This is the main reason why the experts recommend that the users should not upgrade or install Windows 7. Also, Windows 7 is very expensive than the other options available in the market.

Dr. V Guest

It is true that GSA Image Analyser cannot be used with Windows 7 because the system requirements of that software which is shown below does not show that the Windows 7 operating system is supported or not:
    Operating systems:
    • Windows 95
    • Windows 98
    • Windows XP

Other requirements:
    • RAM: 128 MB

If GSA Image Analyser cannot be used with Windows 7, only if you use the old version of this software. This means that the latest version of this software will work fine in Windows 7. Make sure that the new version of this software has been released after the Windows 7 operating system has been released. It has been noted that all the new versions of the softwares do not have any problems in Windows 7.

I will suggest you that you do a clean install of Windows 7. This is because GSA Image Analyser cannot be used with Windows 7 if you do an upgradation. The incompatibility issues are seen with the users who have done an upgradation to Windows 7 from some previous version. So, doing a clean install of Windows 7 will solve the problem. It is better if you make a dual boot system by keeping both the operating systems.

To know whether GSA Image Analyser can be used with Windows 7 or not, you must run the hardware and software evaluation tool in Windows 7 after installing this particular software. This is a tool that will help you to know about all the softwares, applications and programs that are not compatible with the operating system. So, this tool will help you with the required information.