Thread: Debian does not boot from CD

Debian does not boot from CD

Hello,
    I would like to install Debian on an old computer the problem is that it does not boot from the CD and I can no longer access the SETUP. I tried to take one. Img CD to make a boot disk but when I come back when the command I do not know what to do. So, if you guys have any idea of how to boot debian for an old computer then please let me know. Thanks in advance.

Re: Debian does not boot from CD

Hello,
    You can no longer go into your bios? In case of a password? In all cases it is possible to reset the bios (there is usually a jumper on the motherboard that must be moved, turn on and off depending on your pc). If your problem is the disks that you can not set or the image of the cd is not working? If this is the problem then I think you can try with a different debian cd and see if that cd works for you.

Hey
    Even I can not boot the debian cd on my machine. In fact before when I wanted to access the SETUP, I press DEL at startup and I offer two choices:
    _F1 BOOT
    _F8 SETUP
    The problem is that now it gives me that no BOOT. And if in fact I have managed to put the image on the disk was using write.exe and when I run it everything works fine just when it asks if you want to boot linux as I do know what to do because, as I want to launch the setup CD. If you have a solution for this then please let me know. Thanks in advance.

Hello,
    Ok, I followed the instructions so I boot with the floppy and after it asked me to insert the root floppy. I did but then it gives me:
    Code:
    Kernel panic: VFS: Unable to mount root fs
    I waited a while but nothing moves. So, now what? do you have a different solution for me. Please let me know what to do now. Thanks in advance.

Hello,
    I think this will return you a zero value. Have you followed the instruction of the above post properly. If you can remove the password from the setup you can change your boot sequence and boot properly with the CD. It would be really stupid not to have access to your setup. One other alternative is the live cd which I think can solve your problem. Download the Live cd for debian and see if it boots and if it then you can directly install it from there. Hope this information will help you.

Hello,
    In fact it is not a problem of password that is that I press the delete key to enter and it offers me more to go in the SETUP. And I found a jumper on the CMOS with mark below it is placed next to the battery, so I think that's it. But I do not really know what and I know it's dangerous to touch this kind of thing without knowing. So what must we do to reset the BIOS with the jumper? I much remove it or keep it in the same position as it is.