Thread: Avast bug in Windows 7

Avast bug in Windows 7

I was using Avast antivirus previously in Windows Vista operating system. I liked it very much because it had the feature of boot scanning that takes place to delete all the infections that had entered the system. But, now I have done an upgradation to the Windows 7 operating system. So, I am having a particular Avast bug in Windows 7, that is I do not get an option that will help me to scan the system. What are the solutions that can be used in this situation? Please reply soon and thanks for any help.

Re: Avast bug in Windows 7

Hello, I think that this particular Avast bug in Windows 7 may be because this antivirus is incompatible with the Windows 7 operating system. Because of such issues that Windows 7 has with many of the applications and softwares, it has been recommended by the experts that the installation or upgradation to the Windows 7 operating system must be avoided.

Dr. V Guest

You should run the hardware and software evaluation wizard in your system to know whether the issue of the Avast bug in Windows 7 is due to incompatibility or due to the antivirus. If the tool shows that the antivirus is incompatible, then you will have to use any other antivirus to solve the problem. If it shows that the antivirus software is compatible with the Windows 7 operating system, then this is a problem of the antivirus.

The Avast bug in Windows 7 can be because you may be using a trial version of the antivirus. So, it must have expired because of which you may not be getting the scan options for the same. So, this is not an incompatibility problem. I have faced a similar issue with the McAfee antivirus, that I was using in my system with Windows XP operating system. So, use a full version of the antivirus to get rid of the issue.

It is better if you install AVG antivirus in your system if you are getting an Avast bug in Windows 7. The main reason is that there are no incompatibility issues of the antivirus with the Windows 7 operating system. Another reason is that this is a recommended antivirus for the deletion of infections like trojans, worms and other virus too. I am using the same in my system with Windows 7.

If you are curious to use the boot scan method in your system and if there is an Avast bug in Windows 7, then I suggest you to install Quick Heal in your computer. It also has the feature of boot scan. But, remember that the older version of Quick Heal will not work in Windows 7. This means that you will have to use the latest version of this antivirus to solve the problem.