Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 11-03-2010

PUTTY command in network

Dear,
I performed searching a lot on internet but didn't find anything.What is the purpose of using puTTy command over internet and what kind of operation,I can do with it.Would you send me a suggested information regarding the PUTTY command.

After login , how can I enter my directory,
How to delete a file or folder
zip/unzip
download file directly from internnet
how to come back from a directory
etc.
Old 11-03-2010

PUTTY command in network

Hello dear !

There are a lot of task can be performed using the PuTTY command.It is very intellectual command used over the network with secure way.

As PuTTY is a client program closely with the SSH command to connect with another computer in network,Telnet and Rlogin network protocols.This type of protocols are being used to manage the remote session from a computer in a network.
Old 11-03-2010

PUTTY command in network

Commonly,whenever you execute PuTTY from a Windows computer and would allocate the name of another computer to be connect i.e.Unix machine. PuTTY provided a window in which you type the command and the result which is evaluated from the unix machine would be displayed in the window.

This means,It will assume you to work upon the Unix machine but you are issuing the command from somewhere else.An example of the putty command looks like -

Code:
C:\utils\PuTTY>plink -ssh root@192.168.0.109 uname -a
Old 11-03-2010

PUTTY command in network

"Putty is nothing and everything".

The putty command is one of the unix command which is issued from the other end of the network and issued from the different platform.

If you are working on windows and need to control the linux machine remotely.In this case,you need to use this putty command to control the unix machine using windows end.You have to do some network level configuration like protocols,port configuration and all.
Old 11-03-2010

PUTTY command in network

The question is that after logging into the machine using the putty command,how would you perform the directory operation and all,don't worry.

You can issue these commands for tackling with directories and all.

For changing the directories: cd /path/to/your/directory
For deleting the file: rm filename
For deleting a directory: rm -rf directoryname
For unzip a zip file: unzip filename
For unzip a tar.gz file: tar -xvzf filename
For zip a file: don't know - try "man zip"
For change up one directory: cd ..
two directories: cd ../..
Old 11-03-2010

Terminology of PUTTY

Actually,some points should be noted with you to know the terminology of the putty,The points are -

1- putty is not a command, it is a standalone terminal client.
2- putty does not have commands. The commands are issued for the specified server and you are not connected with any server and to connect with server.The connection with server is treated as using shell but there is nothing like that.

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: , , , , ,