Thread: How to reset password in Windows 7?

How to reset password in Windows 7?

I am having an issue that i need to solve. I have installed the Windows 7 in my computer and it is working all fine until i have not forgot the password of the Windows account and unable to log in to the computer. So please help me to find out How to reset password in Windows 7? so that i can reset the password. Waiting for reply. Thanks

Re: How to reset password in Windows 7?

You did not specified about the account that is you have forgot the password of admin account or he User account. If you have forgot the password for the user account then you can recover the same by follow. When you enter the wrong password then it will prompt for that you have entered the wrong password. Click on OK and the click on Reset password. Now follow the instruction to reset the same.

If you have forgot the user account in Domain then only an Administrator can reset your password. So to reset the password click on Start and then get into the User account from the Control panel or by making Windows search feature. Now go to the manage User Account and then to the reset password link. Now if prompted for the Administrator password and user name provide the same and enter your new password for the User Account. Thanks

Because your computer is on a domain, only your network administrator can reset your domain password. To reset a password for a local user account (an account that provides access to the computer, but not to the domain), follow the steps below.

• Open User Accounts by clicking the Start button Picture of the Start button, clicking Control Panel, clicking User Accounts, clicking User Accounts, and then clicking Manage User Accounts. Administrator permission required If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
    • On the Users tab, under Users for this computer, click the user account name, and then click Reset Password.
    • Type the new password, confirm the new password, and then click OK.

You can also use the "Offline NT Password & Registry Editor" which is an 3Mb file to reset the password for all Windows operating system. All you have to do is to download the same and after that save this file to the USB drive. Open the virtual drive and then mount image on the same if gives error then click on OK to continue. Now get into the Command console and type the command ("j, syslinux.exe –ma j"). Now boot the system and then normally and then boot from USB now it will automatically start. Now Select the 1st option and then select the User edit menu and enter the user name whose password you want to reset. Reset the password and you are done.

If you need to recover the password in the Windows 7 operating system then you can take help of the given link below so that you can reset the password for the same. Just visit the link. I hope that you will like it. Is you like it then say thanks.
    How to recover password in windows 7
    What if you forgot administrator password?