Thread: Another installation is already in progress - Error message

Another installation is already in progress - Error message

Hi,

I have win xp as on my pc. I was trying to uninstall playonline off my hard drive and get this error message "Another installation is already in progress". Complete that installation before proceeding with this install." And it's only for certain programs that I wanna change/install. It has wasted a lot of hours and while I consider myself pretty savvy to solving PC problem

Re: Another installation is already in progress - Error message

Hi,

If you are getting error message "Another installation is already in progress", then press Ctrl+Alt+Del and click the processes tab, then look for that program, it will most likely be press Ctrl+Alt+Del and click on the processes tab, then examine for this program, it will probably abbreviated, and then click on the and click Finish the process, do not stop explorer, or idle system. You probably completed cancel a uninstalling somewhere on the road and your computer has not realized that you have done. Simply rebooting should do the trick.

Microsoft does provide a tool that will, among other things fix this question, it is called Windows Installer cleaning utility that is a very powerful tool and I hesitate to tell you to use that. but I will give you the link and you decide what you think is best for you.

If you still get Error message - Another installation is already in progress, follow the steps below :
    1. Type services.msc in start menu and hit enter to open Services.
    2. Scroll down to the Windows Installer service and double click on it.
    3. Stop the service and then restart it.

I was repeatedly getting Error 1500, another installation is in progress--yet I was NOT installing anything else. I solved the problem on my Windows 7 computer by going to "start," "computer," right-clicking on "manage" then going to "services" (I believe that in other versions of Windows, this would be reached in administrative services or control panel) and scrolling down to "Windows Installer." I clicked on Windows Installer's properties and then disabled it. Then I restarted my computer. Immediately after the restart, I went back to the services and changed the Windows Installer's properties to "Automatic" once again. No more problems installing anything.

My Cd Rom Drive Does Not Work And Drive Not Shown in My Computer (HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-T20N)

Another installation is already in progress - Error message

In such kind of cases you need to first see that is there any other installation going on or else you can also check out below links for similar type of issue with some good solution available over there

Error 1500. Another installation is in progress.
    http://forums.techarena.in/windows-update/933296.htm