Thread: Problem in installing Mandriva 64bit

Problem in installing Mandriva 64bit

Hello,
    I am trying to install Mandriva 64bit on my machine, but it is not installing very well. The install goes well, I arrived in KDE and everything freezes, I can not do anything
    What to do, do you have any ideas
    I am on 64-bit Athlon dual 3800
    1 gigs of memory
    Nvidia GForce 660
    Wifi

I think this is quite well configuration for Mandriva to install, but do not why it is giving me any error.

Re: Problem in installing Mandriva 64bit

Hello,
    Have to tested the Killer X and verified installation of nvidia drivers or the remake oneself in hand. I know that a version of these drivers was buggy (I know that but it's recent). Recompile a kernel and installs drivers sisters regarding your card and restart X. I think if you have problems with the Madriva then you can try the live cd and the see if it works well.

Hello,
    Even I am trying to install Mandriva 64bit, but it is not installing. You've said, I've been with nvidia and have downloaded the drivers for my card for linux drivers that sweet 64 is a pretty name
    Code:
    NVIDIA-Linux-x86_64-1.0-8178-pkg2.run
    but can you tell me how to do the install since it does not start at all. Thanks for the help but if you have an alternate solution for this then it would be great.

Hello,
    I think you should try doing, Ctrl + Alt + F1 (eg software) and there you have a text console. Your file will run I think, and therefore small. / Filename should start the install. Anyway, you should have a README or INSTALL file which you will detail this. To kill your X server, Ctrl + Alt + BkSp. Hope these key help you and you find out what is the exact problem in your operating system.

Hello,
    Have you changed the permission of the the file that is using the chmod command, that is chmod u + x NVIDIA-Linux-x86_64-1.0-8178-pkg2.run
    and then ./NVIDIA-Linux-x86_64-1.0-8178-pkg2.run, run the command as a root user in the terminal and then see if this installs it on your machine or operating system. Alternatively, you can even shift to a different operating system distro, that is a different flavour of linux operating system such as ubuntu, debian etc.

Hello,
    I have tried to make a manip, but not succeeded. Thus suppression of partition and reinstall, instead of choosing nVidia, I have put a driver vesa and the same thing except that the screen is black and not blue like with nvidia. So, if you have any other solution for this then please let me know I am the interested one. Thanks in advance.