Thread: Mandriva - Finding Module dependencies

Mandriva - Finding Module dependencies

Hello,
    I recently downloaded the Mandrake linux operating system and installed it. I installed without problem, but at first boot (and any others), the process hangs on "Finding module dependencies". What is this error all about? If any one have an idea then please do post back. Thanks in advance.

Re: Mandriva - Finding Module dependencies

Hello,
    Was the message or the error you are saying, halted for thirty second and more, then you can try to unplug everything not needed (network cards, which is on the usb ...) to see if there is no problem on that side. If you have a keyboard and / or a USB mouse then unplug them and then try rebooting the system. Hope this helps you.

Hello,
    I thin the problem is unlike to happen in linux like operating systems. If you had the mandriva that was running fine, i think that your gear has had a battery problem when installing the operating system. But I know in my case, I could not use the modem that is normally recognized (perhaps to force people to buy) or compile drivers who pass the nickel. You can try re installing the system and then see if the problem persist again.

Hello,
    I installed the mandriva that I had downloaded and the first boot, I also had a problem finding dependency modules this stage would it become defective? I even tried the live cd of the mandriva, but the problem is the same. Is this a problem of the computer hardware, if yes then which is the hardware that suits perfect for the mandriva like operating systems. If you have information on this then please let me know.

Hello,
    I think you should try with the adsl usb modem. The two LEDs were well lit. By cons impossible to connect. I think you should try this solution, if you succeed with this then please let me know so that even I can try this technique with some different logic in that. Also, I do not know if this is an hardware problem, but I do not think this is a hardware problem, because linux is know for its compatibility with an hardware, mean for most of the hardware.

Hello,
    After removing all the peripherals that do not constitute a living wage for my PC, I reinstalled my Mandrake and everything went fine. I could then reinstall my network card (in my opinion it is not unrelated to my problem), my USB2 card and all the rest. I do not think this is a perfect solution for the problem, if you have any other alternative solution then please do post back I am the interested on here. Thanks in advance.