Thread: MacBook does not boot after installing Safari

MacBook does not boot after installing Safari

I have recently downloaded the Safari 4.0.3 to the MacBook and installed the same but after installing the safari when i have try to boot the computer MacBook does not boot after installing Safari. It show some blue screen on the start and not proceeding any more. So if you have any idea of the issue then let me know about the solution. Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by Ujagar; 03-03-2010 at 05:19 PM.

Dr. V Guest

Re: MacBook does not boot after installing Safari

If you are getting the blue screen problem then there could be possibility of the bad sector in your disc. You need to run the disk utility to check for the bad sector and repair if found any. To run the disk try to run the system in safe mode. To run the safe mode just press the Shift key while you are booting the system. I hope this will help you.

If you are getting the blue screen the you might be running some third party software which is creating the issue with the Mac OS X. The solution for the same is to use the other Mac to work with this problem. Connect your computer through the Firewire port to other computer both running Mac OS. Start the affected one in Target mode by holding 'T' key. Now enter into the second computer and open where the mounted disc will appear open it up and now go to the System folder->Library folder->SystemConfiguration folder. Open the 'ApplicationEnhancer.bundle' and move to the trash. If asked for the admin account and the password provide the same. Now disconnect the Firewire port and restart the infected computer.

As per your discussion it seems that you are getting the blue screen after installing the Safari to your system then it is possible that some of the file got corrupted. So resolve the issue you have to boot the computer in Safe mode and then uninstall the Safari and then reinstall the same. It might solve your issue if the Safari is the cause behind the same.

Try this solution if you are comfortable using Terminal and have certain application enhancement installed. The software may be removed following the below steps:

• Start up in single-user mode by holding Command-S after restarting the computer. Note that single-user mode always uses the US English keyboard layout.
    • Type these commands, each on a single line followed by Return:
      /sbin/fsck -fy
      /sbin/mount -uw /
      rm -rf /System/Library/SystemConfiguration/ApplicationEnhancer.bundle
      reboot
    • If the issue persists, use option A or B above.

I am having the same issue after installing the Leopard to the MacBook pro. I have installed the Leopard and boot stuck up on the Blue Screen. Then i have perform the Disk Utility and the system starts responding to my need. To run the Disk Utility just start the system in Safe mode. And then run the disk utility from the Mac OS X CD.